Education, Training And Experience
Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing NP registrant; successful completion of the OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) and two (2) years of recent, relevant clinical nursing experience.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients/clients/residents and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care and prognosis.
- Ability to collaborate, consult with and formally refer patients/clients/residents to physicians and other health professionals when appropriate.
- Ability to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices ability to introduce education and evidence based research.
- Ability to assess and recognize population health trends ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention and health promotion.
- Ability to implement and evaluate planned change.
- Ability to supervise other and evaluate the care they deliver.
- Ability to lead a team and work within a team.
- Ability to self-direct, interact, and adapt effectively with other professionals in complex, dynamic situations.
- Ability to transfer knowledge, teach, coach and mentor others.
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in patient/client/resident care.
- Ability to self-assess performance an assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance when appropriate.
- Physical ability carry out the duties of the position.