- Fully paid travel assignments
- Highly competitive pay packages
- Comprehensive orientation
- Diverse assignments
- Flexible schedules
- 4-6 week placements
- Benefits package
- Annual bonus incentives
- Applying the nursing process (assessment – including diagnosis, planning, implementation, evaluation) to intervene in the disease process and restore health
- Providing short-term inpatient care as required
- Performing nursing, sanctioned/transferred medical and related practice functions according to the policies and procedures established by the department
- Conducting general treatment clinics and providing emergency treatment services
- Making decisions regarding client management including crisis management and facilitating referral in consultation with supervisor and/or other professionals
- Identifying and utilizing available support agencies and resource people
- Arranging for safe client transport in consultation with the supervisor and/or other health care professionals as required and acting as a medical escort when required
- Participating in individual/family case conferences with nursing, medical staff and/or other healthcare providers
- Prescribing and dispensing pharmaceuticals in accordance with established regulations, policies and safety procedures
- Adhere to Bayshore policies and procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive health & safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate supervisor of any health & safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- Recent experience, preferably 1y (1500 regular hours) in remote/isolated communities OR 2y (3000 regular hours) working in Primary Care (ER,ICU,Urgent Health Center) as a qualified RN.
- Bachelor of Nursing or a Diploma in nursing with other equivalencies or related experiences such as, a certificate in Public health, Health Canada clinical skills course, an advanced practice course, experience in home care nursing.
- Current registration with the RNANTU (or willingness to apply).
Education, Training And Experience
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients/clients/residents and families about health findings, diagnosis, treatment, self-care and prognosis.
- Ability to collaborate, consult with and formally refer patients/clients/residents to physicians and other health professionals when appropriate.
- Ability to critically assess and evaluate health research literature to determine best practices ability to introduce education and evidence based research.
- Ability to assess and recognize population health trends ability to plan and implement strategies for population based prevention and health promotion.
- Ability to implement and evaluate planned change.
- Ability to supervise other and evaluate the care they deliver.
- Ability to lead a team and work within a team.
- Ability to self-direct, interact, and adapt effectively with other professionals in complex, dynamic situations.
- Ability to transfer knowledge, teach, coach and mentor others.
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to legal and ethical issues that may arise in patient/client/resident care.
- Ability to self-assess performance an assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development, educational or consultative assistance when appropriate.
- Physical ability carry out the duties of the position.